Have you been searching for a way to get Massachusetts DUA Card? We want you to know that you are on the right page where you will get all the benefits without any issues.
Our team has been getting messages from all over the country regarding how to apply for Massachusetts DUA Card. That is the major reason we have to create this page to assist you and so many others.
Recruitmentformat.com is a website that assists people from all over the world. We are not doing it for you or any other person to pay us money. We are doing it for FREE.
What you Should Know
There are a lot of things you should know about the Massachusetts DUA Card. Without wasting so much of your time let’s start with the Unemployment benefits fraud.
As part of a nationwide unemployment benefits fraud scheme, criminal enterprises are using stolen personal information to try to fraudulently file unemployment claims.
If you received a Form 1099-G and did not receive unemployment benefits from UI Online or PUA during the past year, please complete our secure fraud reporting form.
By completing this form, your request will be assigned to a designated team for review.
If you believe someone is using your identity to falsely claim unemployment benefits, learn how to report the fraud and what to do to protect yourself.
It is very important to know all the requirements needed before you start applying. So my dear, let’s outline all the requirements needed right away.
To apply for Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits, you need to provide personal information including your Social Security number, birth date, home address, email address (optional), and phone number.
You also need information about your employment history from the last 15 months, including:
- Names of all employers, plus addresses and phone numbers
- Reasons for leaving those jobs
- Work start and end dates
- Recall date (if you were laid off but have a set date to return to work)
You may need additional information in certain situations:
- If you are not a U.S. citizen — your Alien Registration number
- If you have children — their birth dates and Social Security numbers
- If you’re in a union — your union name and local number
- If you were in the military — your DD-214 Member 4 form. If you don’t have it, you can request your DD-214 online.
- If you worked for the federal government — your SF8 form (optional)
- To receive payments by direct deposit, you’ll also need your bank name, account number, and routing number. Otherwise, the Department of Unemployment Assistance (DUA) will send you a debit card.
If you’re a non-U.S. citizen applying for UI benefits, DUA must verify that you are legally authorized to work in the United States. Non-English speakers can apply for UI in their own languages on DUA’s foreign language application site.
If you’re not sure that UI is right for you, you can check your eligibility.
Steps to Apply
For you to apply you have to follow the steps that we are about to provide to you on this page right below. We are here to make it easy and simple for you.
The steps are as follows.
- Go to the UI Online login screen.
- When prompted, you will be asked to enter your Social Security number twice.
- Proceed with the application by following the computer prompts.
- You will eventually be prompted to set up a password as well as a security verification question in case you forget your password.
- You will use the password you created every time you log in to UI Online.
Department of Unemployment Assistance
Call Center Call Department of Unemployment Assistance, Call Center at(877) 626-6800
Open 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m., Monday–Friday. Multilingual call agents are available.
TeleCert Line (Automated system is operational) Call Department of Unemployment Assistance, TeleCert Line (Automated system is operational) at(617) 626-6338
To request weekly benefits, daily 6 a.m.–10 p.m.
Payment Status-Line (Automated System is operational) Call Department of Unemployment Assistance, Payment Status-Line (Automated System is operational) at(617) 626-6563
To check your claim or benefit payment status (*please do not transfer to an agent while in the system-this is not staffed at this time)